Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sugar Blues :(


Whenever I'm eating or just anticipating eating something sweet, I think to myself, “Yum - Sugar is my friend! Sugar makes me happy!” Oh yes, like any addictive drug. (Which it actually is – a very powerful one) I’ve loved sugar my whole life, but I have long suspected that my body may be overrun with Candida. When my symptoms became more than I could ignore anymore, I had to do some research and figure out a health plan for myself.

The reason I’m writing about this is that in my research, I found that Candida overgrowth, which is literally fungus in your body, has been known to turn into much more serious health issues. So it’s definitely worth pondering for your own health and well-being.

Believe me, I was not ready to let go of sugar until now – I’ve tried before but just couldn’t do it. Sometimes you just reach a point where you know it’s the right time.

Let me just say that I LOVE cake – especially cupcakes. With the explosion of cupcakeries all over and the TV show, “Cupcake Wars” on Food Network, my mission has been to sample everyone’s cupcakes. I’ve always been good at enjoying my food and maintaining a steady weight. But recently, I have been really feeling pretty crappy - and the last straw to ignoring this was my bloated belly. I have always prided myself on my flat belly (although it’s usually being sucked in…but whatever, it’s flat!) So I went about doing the research to find the best course of action for myself. After much research and a quick, easy self-diagnostic test, it was confirmed, Candida. Bummer.

Obviously, this means NO SUGAR. Waaahhhh! And lots of vegetables and healthy proteins. Right now, my diet is pretty limited. There is sugar in EVERYTHING! Read your labels, people! I’ve always been able to find healthy substitutions for foods I love and let me tell you, right now my best friend is Stevia! (Sweet Leaf brand – please don’t waste your money on the corporate produced brands)

Many people have this issue but don’t know it or don’t know how to diagnose it. The medical industry can’t really diagnose this since Candida is always present in our bodies. If they did try to treat a potential overgrowth, they would most likely prescribe harmful drugs or worse, antibiotics which the overuse of is primarily responsible for this problem in the first place.

If you are interested in learning more about Candida and to find out if you have it running rampant in your body, check out http://www.bloatedbellyhelp.com/. This informative website was created by Doug Burton who after many years of serious health problems, did a great deal of research and experimenting, and finally diagnosed his own Candida. Doug took all of his extensive findings and put together a plan to regain his health and has made this information available in an incredibly helpful and informative ebook available for purchase on his website if you’re interested. I bought it and I am so glad I did!

Although I’m singing the sugar blues right now (and let me tell you, detox is no laughing matter (similar to coming off drugs or alcohol…no joke) I feel a little better every day. My biggest triumph so far was making it through the day at Disneyland and staying within my strict no-sugar diet! If I can do that, anyone can.

Here’s to your health and wishing you a very sweet life, free of Candida!

Lots of love,
Tanna
www.living-peacefully.com
Living Peacefully in a Big City available at www.barnesandnoble.com or http://www.amazon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment