Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tune into Your Own Truth

Sometimes we get so caught up in our busy work and what we feel we “should” be doing that we lose sight of our truth. I have spent several years, it seems like, in this mode.

Thanks to the advice of a wise coach I am working with, (thanks Beth!) I took a step back from my business and took all the pressure off myself with everything I have been working so hard toward this year.

Ironically, even though I have been devoting myself to these new endeavors, and I have accomplished quite a lot, at times it’s been slow going. Often it's difficult to fully focus on my business when my primary role is being my mother's full-time caregiver. But I love what I do, I love my clients and I love the new projects I'm working on. Even so, sometimes you need to take a step back to find out what your truth is and what might be holding you back before you can move forward.

This can also be challenging when you have well-meaning people around you telling you what they think you should be doing, asking why things aren’t done or happening yet or pointing out a time frame that they feel is appropriate for you. All this pressure and outside influence can often get you off track and make you doubt yourself.

When I pulled back from my regular coaching business to focus on my projects this year, many people came forward with advice to voice their opinions, coming from their truth  – all well-meaning, mind you, but distracting nonetheless.

You have to learn to disconnect from outside influences. Just say, "Thank you for sharing" to the well-meaning folks, then connect with your inner voice and guidance. This is where your truth is and this is where you will receive the inspiration and ideas to motivate you and move you forward in a way that is right for you.

I love the radio station analogy – if you are vibrating at 105.1 and those telling you what you should be doing are vibrating at 92.3, it won’t feel good to you and it won’t work for you. They can operate from their own frequency and it will work very well for them. You need to tune into your specific frequency so you’ll know what works best for you.

The best way for me to get back in alignment with my higher vibration is to retreat to my second office - my hammock. When I have been at the computer too long and I feel my body tensing up and my energy lagging, I go outside and lay in my hammock, connecting with nature and hearing my inner voice much more clearly. There, I am relaxed, replenished and inspiration comes easily to me. There, I am definitely vibrating at my highest frequency! Then I can resume my work with new ideas, refreshed with renewed energy.

Make time to connect with your inner truth and find out where your own frequency is. This quote from Wayne Dyer says it all: "Become independent of the good opinion of others." Amen!

The next time you feel off or others are trying to sway you from their perspective, opinions and ideas, make time to step away and tune yourself to your individual frequency and you will be more firmly established in the flow of your Truth.

To your high frequency!
With love,
Tanna

Living Peacefully ™ is written by Tanna Marshall, Author, Holistic Consultant and Personal Coach. If you have any questions or would like more information about Living Peacefully, please contact:
Tanna@living-peacefully.com
www.living-peacefully.com
To purchase your copy of Living Peacefully in a Big City, please visit
Amazon.com
If you’d like to share this article with people you feel may enjoy it, you are most welcome! When doing so, please forward in its entirety, including our contact and copyright information. Thanks and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment